3 Workouts You Can Do On The Beach
Don’t let your vacation be an excuse to fall of the workout wagon. A trip to the beach can be just the jumpstart your fitness routine needs. “Getting outside for a change of environment is a great way to present new challenges for the body,” says personal trainer and founder of Willspace. Will Torres hit the sand with his top three beach workouts for a hot bikini body.
Barefoot Sand Run
“It is much harder to run on the beach because the sand is always shifting below your feet.” Torres says. The unstable surface is great developing foot and ankle stability. To avoid twisting an ankle, stick areas to where the sand is a little wetter and firmer. And leave the sneaks at home. “Running barefoot is much harder and will give your lower body muscles a big workout.”
Combine Cardio With Body Weight Exercises
“Research shows that combining cardio and resistance training significantly increases your metabolism compared to doing them separately,” says Torres.
1. Run 3-5 minutes as quickly as you can, stop and perform 30 squats
2. Run 3-5 minutes as quickly as you can, stop and perform 30 burpees
3. Run 3-5 minutes as quickly as you can, stop and perform 30 lunges
4. Run 3-5 minutes as quickly as you can, stop and perform 30 high to low planks
5. Repeat 2-3 times.
Try Tabata Style
“Another workout is to pick 3-5 exercises and perform them Tabata style. Tabata is an interval format in which you perform as many reps as possible in 20 seconds foloowed by a 10 second rest and repeat 8 times.” Be sure to place a towel or yoga mat down so the sand doesn’t get everywhere.
1. Do squats as many reps as possible (AMRAP) for 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds
2. Sit-ups (AMRAP) 20 seconds Rest for 10 seconds
3. Push-ups (AMRAP) 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds
4. Lunges (AMRAP) 20 seconds Rest for 10 seconds
Repeat the circuit eight times.
Unique Viewership: 276,523